In the vehicle-transport business, a provider is only as good as its people, resources and network. As such, we appreciate the hard work and long hours that truck drivers put in every day to deliver their loads on time.
According to the American Trucking Association, turnover is still above 90 percent and rising. Updated statistics as of April 2015 indicate that driver shortage could be as high as 40,000, with a 95-percent turnover rate for small truckload carriers and a 96-percent rate for large truckload carriers.
Facing such daunting statistics, MetroGistics continues to work hard to show appreciation for and retain our carrier base. Here are just a few of the ways we do that:
- We have a dedicated Carrier Team that assists with the on-boarding process and day-to-day administration such as reminding carriers of upcoming insurance expiration dates. By helping them with this, we help the drivers stay compliant with insurance requirements while protecting our customers should any claims arise.
- MetroGistics has a dedicated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for carrier inquiries that goes directly to our Carrier Team.
- We have a dedicated Dispatch Team available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Central Standard Time to dispatch loads and help carriers with any load issues.
- We provide technology that allows carriers to report load statuses in multiple ways depending on their preferences and schedules.
- We developed new technology such as our RoadSign app that allows carriers to perform various functions seamlessly from a smartphone. This will eliminate the need for them to stop and print or fax in paperwork.
- MetroGistics offers periodic contests and incentives to help drive the use of technology tools and carrier-load procedures.
- We conduct annual carrier surveys to learn more about what is and isn’t working as far as drivers are concerned.
- Based on direct feedback from carriers, our professional and courteous dispatching staff now spends more time engaged in personal interactions with them rather than just treating calls like business transactions.
These are just some of the ways we hope to not only retain, but further grow our carrier base in order to provide the best vehicle transport experiences possible for both our carriers and customers.